The theory test is the first of three parts you will need to pass before you can register as an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI).
The Part 1: Driving Instructor Theory Test is made up of two elements:
- 100 multiple choice questions across 4 categories;
- road procedure
- traffic signs and signals, car control, pedestrians and mechanical knowledge
- driving test, disabilities and the law
- publications and instructional techniques
- 14 hazard perception clips, 13 of which will feature one developing hazard and one of which will feature 2 developing hazards
We use on-line learning resources to guide you through your study. This includes both a standard Learner Theory Test Training login, giving you access to our official DVSA hazard perception clips, as well as mock learner theory tests and exercises, along with a dedicated Driving Instructor Theory e-Learning Course. The course has everything you will need to complete the part one test, and guides you through step-by-step. All content is unique and cannot be found anywhere else, exclusively created by Dave Foster MA Dip.DI, question writer and examiner for the advanced driving instructor qualification, the Diploma in Driving Instruction.
Using this online training you will be able to work at a pace to suit you. Whether you want to speed through the Part One, or take your time and fit study around an existing career the choice is yours.